I understand how it feels to be a deeply caring person in a very messy world.
As a mother of high-needs children, I gave them all my energy while putting myself on the sidelines for years. I managed to come through the original postpartum anxiety and depression. Yet as my kids got older and challenges with autism and ADHD appeared, the anxiety came flooding back.
I was being “Super Mom” and ignoring the stress and exhaustion. Can you relate?
My saving grace were all the healing techniques I was learning to help my kids.
As I saw what got to happen for them when their nervous system relaxed, I learned how to use those same tools to heal myself and others.
Now I’m passionate about helping women just like you overcome your anxiety and overwhelm — so you can embrace the peace and purpose that is buried deep within you.
I meet you right where you are in life, whether that is beginning a fertility journey, preparing for childbirth, a newly diagnosed child, a job change, a move, an empty nest or simply exhaustion from the hustle of life.
I wrap you in care that is as unique as you and provide holistic support for your journey.
Because you deserve to feel whole again.
Training and Education
- Birth Arts International – Certified Doula and Trainer
- Reiki Master- Certified Usui Reiki Master
- CranioSacral Therapy 1 & 2– Upledger Institute
- SomotoEmotional Release – Upledger Institute
- Spinning Babies Workshop -Gail Tully
- WellMama Volunteer Training (Perinatal Mood Disorders)
- Perinatal Mental Health Summit – (Wendy Davis Ph.D., PSI, & Nicole Cirino MD, OHSU)
- Queer Birth Project LGBTQ Positive Birth & Postpartum Doula Training
- Cultural Competency Training- Shafia Monroe Consulting
- Inducing Lactation – Hope Lien (Jumpstart to Breastfeeding in Adoption, Surrogacy and Foster Care.)
- Group and Individual Crisis Intervention – UMBC
- Midwifery Today Conference 2017 (Carol Gray, Elizabeth Davis, Penny Simpkin, etc)
- Midwifery Today Conference 2013 (Michel Odent, Carol Gautchi, Sister MorningStar, Gail Hart, etc)
- Midwifery Today Conference 2009 (Vicki Penwell, Elizabeth Davis, Angelina Martinez Miranda, etc)
- Maui Mama, Issue 44, September – October Issue 2016 Five Ways Doulas Improve Birth.
- Midwifery Today, Issue 107, Autumn 2013 The Mythical Expiration Date.
- Midwifery Today, Issue 104, Winter 2012 Supporting Empowered Births.