Welcome to Nurtured Village!
Providing South Florida with Doula Care for fertility through postpartum.
After spending more than a decade immersed in serving growing families and diving deep into researching and exploring the history of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum care across the globe, as well as keeping up to date on the practices and needs of today it became clear that today’s society has been left lacking the care that families deserve and thrive on.
Modern day families are faced with less community and support than their ancestors. At the same time, they are expected to be more productive and functional than ever before without their elders to guide them. Generations are now spread apart across the globe. These new parents are left without “the village” to nurture them as they grow.
The vision is to create and foster the support that a village would have provided. Through holistic doula care, community groups, and networking with community partners. I wish to create a nurtured village in South Florida. I welcome you to join this village and gain the support you were always meant to have.
Meet The Doula
My name is Heathir Brown and I have been serving families since 2007. I am a Certified doula and also certified professional doula trainer with Birth Arts International. Being a doula is not just my job but also my passion. Improving birth outcomes in the community I live in as well as around the globe is why I keep doing this work. I also find joy in connecting with others and often find strangers sharing their birth stories with me. I love every minute of hearing their story and oftentimes I can help them process their past experience. After my own personal experiences of seeking alternative treatments paired with carefully reviewing studies and evidence on the use of both Craniosacral Therapy and Reiki for the childbearing years, I began to study both to better serve my clients with even more options for comfort and wellbeing. I am a lifetime learner and I am always seeking the latest information pertaining to pregnancy and childbirth as well as traditional treatments from our ancestors. I wish to help people continue to have the physiological births in the modern world that we live in today.
Training and Education
- Birth Arts International – Certified Doula and Trainer
- Reiki 1 & 2- Certified Usui Reiki Practitioner
- Spinning Babies Workshop -Gail Tully
- WellMama Volunteer Training (Perinatal Mood Disorders)
- Perinatal Mental Health Summit – (Wendy Davis Ph.D., PSI, & Nicole Cirino MD, OHSU)
- Queer Birth Project LGBTQ Positive Birth & Postpartum Doula Training
- Cultural Competency Training- Shafia Monroe Consulting (Working with Diverse Populations in Maternal and Child Health.)
- Inducing Lactation – Hope Lien (Jumpstart to Breastfeeding in Adoption, Surrogacy and Foster Care.)
- Group and Individual Crisis Intervention – UMBC
- CranioSacral 1 & 2– Upledger Institute
- Midwifery Today Conference 2017 (Carol Gray, Elizabeth Davis, Penny Simpkin, etc)
- Midwifery Today Conference 2013 (Michel Odent, Carol Gautchi, Sister MorningStar, Gail Hart, etc)
- Midwifery Today Conference 2009 (Vicki Penwell, Elizabeth Davis, Angelina Martinez Miranda, etc)
These classes have taught me so much, but I feel that the families I serve teach me the most. Each birth is unique and comes with a new understanding. As doulas, we never stop learning.
- Maui Mama, Issue 44, September – October Issue 2016 Five Ways Doulas Improve Birth.
- Midwifery Today, Issue 107, Autumn 2013 The Mythical Expiration Date.
- Midwifery Today, Issue 104, Winter 2012 Supporting Empowered Births.