Meet Heathir Brown
My journey began as a Certified Doula with Birth Arts International. As my story continued, in my personal life events lead me down a road to discovering my gifts and developing my skills as a healer.
My training in Craniosacral Therapy with The Upledger Institute and my training to become a Reiki Master have blended beautifully with my passion and care for working with moms and their families and also expanded into working with women of all life stages.
Curious about my journey? You can read more below…
I understand how it feels to be a deeply caring person in a very messy world.
As a mother of high-needs children, I gave them all my energy while putting myself on the sidelines for years. I managed to come through the original postpartum anxiety and depression. Yet as my kids got older and challenges with autism and ADHD appeared, the anxiety came flooding back.
I was being “Super Mom” and ignoring the stress and exhaustion. Can you relate?
My saving grace was all the healing techniques I was learning to help my kids.
As I saw what got to happen for them when their nervous system relaxed, I learned how to use those same tools to heal myself and others.
Now I’m passionate about helping women just like you overcome your anxiety and overwhelm — so you can embrace the peace and purpose that is buried deep within you.
I meet you right where you are in life, whether that is beginning a fertility journey, preparing for childbirth, a newly diagnosed child, a job change, a move, an empty nest, or simply exhaustion from the hustle of life.
I wrap you in care that is as unique as you and provide holistic support for your journey.
Contact me Below
Training and Education
- Birth Arts International – Certified Doula and Trainer
- Reiki Master- Certified Usui Reiki Master
- CranioSacral Therapy 1 & 2– Upledger Institute
- SomotoEmotional Release – Upledger Institute
- Spinning Babies Workshop -Gail Tully
- WellMama Volunteer Training (Perinatal Mood Disorders)
- Perinatal Mental Health Summit – (Wendy Davis Ph.D., PSI, & Nicole Cirino MD, OHSU)
- Queer Birth Project LGBTQ Positive Birth & Postpartum Doula Training
- Cultural Competency Training- Shafia Monroe Consulting
- Inducing Lactation – Hope Lien (Jumpstart to Breastfeeding in Adoption, Surrogacy and Foster Care.)
- Group and Individual Crisis Intervention – UMBC
- Midwifery Today Conference 2017 (Carol Gray, Elizabeth Davis, Penny Simpkin, etc)
- Midwifery Today Conference 2013 (Michel Odent, Carol Gautchi, Sister MorningStar, Gail Hart, etc)
- Midwifery Today Conference 2009 (Vicki Penwell, Elizabeth Davis, Angelina Martinez Miranda, etc)
- Maui Mama, Issue 44, September – October Issue 2016 Five Ways Doulas Improve Birth.
- Midwifery Today, Issue 107, Autumn 2013 The Mythical Expiration Date.
- Midwifery Today, Issue 104, Winter 2012 Supporting Empowered Births.